drinks?

drinks?
cuz you're gunna need them

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring break 1

Today was officially my first day of spring break. So how did I spend it you ask? Well I went by myself (yes by myself) to star bucks and got a banana nut bread slice and a tall mocha frappuccino and sat there by myself, yes again by myself, and drank and ate while reading the latest issue of cosmo on my new iPad! What a blast. Yes I was having fun alone. Then because yesterday I had ran outside with my new running and gym friend Sonya busby and got a slight sunburn on my shoulders I went to target to get aloe as it is nearby. I shopped for a bit and then came home to enjoy the beautiful breeze and sunshine blowing through my patio door. I love spring!
To me spring resembles new life but also fresh beginnings. I think I will keep those thoughts as I continue my journey. I guess for me the new beginning was me accepting my life in Wichita and continuing to find that it is good after all. Another journey I hope to continue is my drive to run outdoors for longer distances. I have to admit when I hear the word race I get anxious because those who have ran along with me or around me know I have short legs and I do good just to make 10 minute miles. So, my hope is to rid my fear of running in races and being last. I also know I will probably have to do that alone too and that too is scary at times. It is at those very thoughts my heart aches for my long lost gym friend krista from Lawrence as she always pulled me back to reality and calmed those fears away. Hmm maybe I can con Sonya into one race this spring or summer? Any who....my spring break is off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friend! You've gotta remember - I'm always with you. (just not physically). As for running - if I can haul my ass 13 miles, you can too. I was a turtle, but I did it. And I SO know that you can too. Yay for a new blog post. P.S. You should pick a summer race and we'll run it together. (Amber and I and some others are planning on doing the Warrior Dash in KC - look it up, you should join in!! Talk about scared, haha! And you know me - I'm always living in some level of fear about stuff like that - I just usually do it anyway! Love you and miss you! :-D

    ReplyDelete